Chief Financial Officer
Redwood | Ft Mitchell, KY (41017)
Chief Financial Officer, Redwood . Redwood, located in Fort Mitchell, KY, provides educational, therapeutic, and vocational services to children and adults with disabilities.Redwood seeks to hire a full-time Chief Financial Officer to maintain financial performance of the agency, budgeting, analysis, cash flow, financial processes, payroll and audits. This position is also responsible for the management of incoming and external movement of funds within the organization. The Chief Financial Officer supervises 1 full-time employee who supervises 4 other full time employees.
Essential Duties and Outcomes:
- Ensures the financial health of the agency.
- Directs the preparation of the budget. Provides final analysis and assignment of discretionary funding before presentation to the executive director/CEO (ED/CEO) and Finance Committee.
- Collaborates with officers/directors to establish revenue/expense projections and develop monitoring systems.
- Monitors and addresses budget variances in a timely manner.
- Develops key indicators for financial performance and establishes forecasts and trends.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures that conform with GAAP.
- Develops and maintains standard/custom financial reporting formats to meet business-based needs.
- Directs preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial reports. Analyzes and forecasts.
- Provides oversight for business functions and record systems -i.e. general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, salary and benefit administration, banking, and cash management.
- Collaborates with officers/directors to integrate financial policies/procedures into business functions of programs, operations, development, and events. Develops processes/systems to meet specific requirements. Provides training.
- Designs, oversees, and tests the implementation of effective internal controls.
- Completes external cost reports. Conducts internal cost accounting to guide fiscally responsible program growth.
- Monitors billing and revenue generation as compared to budget.
- Completes fiscal court and other funding applications.
- Optimizes use of Financial Edge or other accounting software by providing accounting expertise for research, selection, implementation, use of reports, upgrades, troubleshooting, and vendor negotiations to resolve technical problems.
- Serves as a key member of Board committees and Leadership Team as a strategic contributor.
- Provides business support and reporting services to the Stewardship Council, Finance Committee and the Investment Committee of the Dorothy Wood Foundation, and other committees as assigned.
- Manages business relationships for banking, insurance, and service contracts. Prepares periodic RFP or RFQ. Researches product/service options. Negotiates contracts.
- Develops and leads a team of highly skilled professionals such as Finance Manager and supportive finance staff
- Computer Skills – Possesses an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office skills, internet software and database programs. Able to accurately access and export data from a database.
- Analytical skills, ability to collect synthesize and present information.
- Teamwork including balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to building a positive team spirit, and supporting everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strong customer service skills in reference to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious, and economic status.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with specific application to trending and forecasting.
- Keen ability to interpret and apply on-going regulations or generally accepted practices as each relates to fiscal accountability.
- Professionalism including approaching others in a tactful manner, reacting well under pressure, treating others with respect and consideration, accepting responsibility for own actions, and following through on commitments.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in financial and budgeting role of which five are in supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or economics.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 15 years progressive financial experience of which five is in a leadership role within the non-profit service environment.
- Certified Public Accountant designation or graduate degree in finance
Inside typical office environment, heated and air conditioned. Temperature 68 to 80 degrees F. Ambient noise, low, not requiring hearing protection. No other personal safety equipment required.
In the role the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Post ID: 50904027 cincinnati