The Lindner College of Business of Business (LCB) is at an exciting inflection point on the path to preeminence. The College has an established national reputation for excellence in several academic areas across its undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. A combination of research and teaching excellence distinguishes the College as a leader. In 2019, LCB will move into a state-of-the-art new building that represents a tremendous opportunity for the College to bring innovative approaches to business education and further elevate the role of the College at UC, in the City of Cincinnati, and in the national landscape.
Essential Function: The Information Technology Department at the Carl H. Lindner College of Business is seeking to hire a Help Desk Supervisor II to, under general supervision from a designed administrator, supervising the day-to-day operations of the Lindner College of Business IT service desk and may also provide consultative IT support to faculty, staff and students; diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions; answering phones; and managing support tickets. Supervisory duties may include determining personnel requirements, setting schedules and ensuring that those under their direction have adequate resources to complete their jobs. Other responsibilities include:
- Working with the Lindner faculty, staff and students to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customer satisfaction
- Working with the Lindner IT ServiceNow ticketing system to assign tickets to student worker staff and escalate tier two and three tickets to appropriate IT staff
- Responding to customer requests and incidents in a timely and professional manner, being the first escalation point for Lindner faculty, staff and students
- Gathering and analyzing metrics from ServiceNow to benchmark the service desk workload/performance and identify trends
- Managing the hot swap PC stock to enable speedy replacement of faulty equipment
- Assisting with recruitment & selection of new student worker staff; manage the induction process as appropriate; identify and arrange training; and provide guidance and coaching
- Using SCCM to push out operating system and other updates to clients in our 95% Windows environment
- Imaging PCs using SCCM and PXE boot
- Working extensively with Outlook and other MS Office products
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or related degree; -OR- an Associate degree with four (4) years ofexperience ; -OR- six (6) years of intermediate level related. Possesses a thorough understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures and contributes through experience, collaboration and problem resolution.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with employees and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of services
- Ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize in a fast-paced academic environment
- Confident telephone manner and exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 57809467 cincinnati