What you’ll be doing...
The Innovation Architect role is the leading account development role within Verizon for our Global top 50 accounts. Andacts as the overarching architecture lead on our largest globalaccounts, linking the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy; ocumenting this using multiple architectural tools, models or views that demonstrate how the current and future needs of an organization will be met by the current Verizon solution and incremental solution elements driven by thought leadership and innovation.
The Innovation Architect will provide specialist architectural ownership, governance control/ownership and solution management across all verticals and solution towers. The role will provide Enterprise Architecture support for large global enterprise Clients with highly complex technical, operational and political environments.
Working as part of the team under the assigned Managing Principle, the Innovation Architect provides leadership of the assigned solutions team and works with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the client strategy, processes and information technology assets. The role of the Innovation Architect is to leverage this knowledge to ensure that the client’s ongoing business requirements and the End to End Solution are in alignment throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
The Innovation Architect position is responsible for working with senior Client IT executives as a trusted technical advisor/ partner to:
- Align directly with key customer stakeholders including but not limited to; the CTO/CIO and/ or the customer’s architecture lead.
- Develop, maintain and grow these relationships to become the ‘trusted partner’ of these key stakeholders
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support dynamic strategic corporate objectives
- Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remediation plans necessary to align technology infrastructure with dynamic corporate objectives
- Define the Innovation, Architecture and associated Technology roadmaps that deliver against the corporate objectives
- Transition and Transformation strategy: Support development of business requirements definition, business case and high level program implementation plans.
- Translate Client business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Develop a plan to evolve the solution architecture using a combination of Verizon standard products and selected third party suppliers to maintain the integrity of the end to end Client solution
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of each evolution step to client executives; ensure these are aligned with the expectations of both key external and internal stakeholders.
- Matrix Manage the interaction with specific product specialists and TPVs to identify and collect detailed technical requirements, develop customer business outcome based solutions and maintain strong line of sight between the account and the product teams.
- Partner with the Solution Architecture, Engineering and GSO organizations to maintain the Innovation velocity and aid contract advancement, defend existing revenue streams and grow Verizon’s footprint within the customer account promoting the adoption of incremental products and services
- Coordinate efforts across Verizon support/product specialist organizations to ensure overall integrity and consistency of each proposed solution
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the Client facing Governance Program
- Lead strategic architectural planning aligned to business goals
- Coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and ongoing management of current and future state architectures
- Collaborate with the appropriate Verizon and client departments to develop an Architectural Vision and Innovation plan that supports the Client IT strategic goals
- Develop and communicate Technology/Service and Business process alignment plans to client and Verizon executive teams, staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Assess and communicate risks and identify Client dependencies
- Assist in the development of the Client business case and ensure this is aligned to the Transition strategy to both maximize Client benefit realization and Verizon revenue
- Act as a Thought Leader for the client’s business goals and vision via regular in-person and written communications with the client executives, department heads and end users. The Innovation Architect will be expected to develop or establish a governance framework with senior stakeholders from both Verizon and the customer across commercial, service, technology and security with a focus on providing strategic insights and direction.
This senior, account based role will provide support and guidance to the delivery teams engaging TPVs, Solution Architects, Service Design Architects and specialist Professional Services teams as required in developing and refining high level designs to ensure service interlock and align with both the customer’s business need and Verizon’s strategic vision for the account.
Working in parallel with both sales and the GSO organization the Innovation Architect’s role will then expand to act as the Verizon Account CTO , taking inputs from service management teams, Lifecycle Engineering teams, the customer and other key stakeholders in order to identify areas for investment and development and then researching innovative solutions with Solution Architecture, Product Management, Eco-system partners and Verizon’s innovation teams to develop both conceptual designs and business cases for customer investment.
The Innovation Architect will support the sales teams in strategic account planning developing a pipeline of opportunities for development by Account Management and Solution Architecture and supporting the Account Team in communicating the strategic vision and value propositions to senior customer stakeholders.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the solution strategy for Verizon’s largest customers
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with Verizon’s solution governance processes
- Publication of jointly agreed 3-5 year roadmaps across appropriate technology towers
- Support the account teams in developing and maintaining strategic account plans
- Support at least 4 Executive Briefings each year
- Review and approve all Solution Design Documents
- Accountable for the ongoing maintenance of the Solution Design Document and associated product/service catalog
What we’re looking for...
- 10+ years’ experience in the telecommunications or related industry
- Confident and capable in communicating at C-level across both IT and business leaders
- Have proven track record in development of customer facing business cases
- An ability to work independently and be self-motivated to achieve outstanding results
Even better if you have:
- Have worked in a similar role previously as a Solution Director or Lead Architect.
- Experience in solution design and / or product development
- Commercial acumen, able to develop business plans at a conceptual level
- A good understanding of legal, tax and regulatory rules that apply to global telecommunications services
- An ability to navigate both internal and customer business processes (governance, financial approvals, change-control, etc.)
- Experience in service management and/or supplier management. Able to understand and develop SLA’s, KPI’s within complex commercial contracts
- Degree level or equivalent qualification ideally in a science, engineering or commercial discipline or equivalent experience
- Professional qualifications in telecommunications e.g. TOGAF, ITIL.
The Innovation Architect will be formally engaged between DLM stages 3 and 4 to drive effective understanding of the solution landscape and, on contract signature, will work with the bid team to understand the contract, services and high level solution design and then develop a strategic vision for the account that will be jointly agreed with the sales and GSO directors.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2467530-enterprise-architect
• Post ID: 58420332 cincinnati