A&S Departments of Anthropology & Geography
Non-Exempt (Hourly-Paid) Position
UNIVERSITY of CINCINNATI
The Departments of Anthropology and Geography in the College of Arts & Sciences are accepting applications to fill the position of Program Manager. This full-time (100% FTE), non-exempt (hourly-paid) position is based in the Departments of Anthropology and Geography, but also supports the Departments of Communication, Journalism and Philosophy in our mission to serve the students, faculty, staff and general constituency of the university.
- Plan and organize schedule of classes in Catalyst (UC's student information system) for the departments, by coordinating with department faculty and Classroom Scheduling; run various reports in Cart.
- Manage and administer graduate program for the departments of Anthropology and Geography
- Produce and edit web-based content and messages on a variety of social media platforms, create and edit reports and/or newsletters and develop publication materials
- Assist Department Heads, Program Directors, and faculty with travel, preparing and submitting necessary travel authorizations and expense reimbursement forms
- Assist department Business Manager with purchasing, using a Purchasing card; reconciling and preparing p-card statements and reports
- Schedule rooms, meetings
- Coordinate departmental events, meetings and visits
- Organize class evaluations
- Support program internship, co-op and other educational initiatives
- Suggest, update and implement new departmental procedures when appropriate
- Attend meetings, including college, department, and program meetings and retreats, etc., as necessary
- Maintain archive of program syllabi for each unit
- Initiate technology orders for phone and data connections
- Provide administrative assistance to the departments, including copier maintenance, distributing mail, key ordering, supply purchasing
- Welcome visitors, manage the administrative functions of the office and serve as primary contact for department
- Respond to program related inquiries (written, in-person, by telephone, by email) from faculty, students, staff and the public
- Recommend improvements to office processes and workflow
- Prepare various reports for internal and external use, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor degree with three (3) years of experience; -OR- Associate degree with five (5) years of experience; -OR- seven (7) years ofexperience. Experience must be in program development or business administration. Experience may require at least one (1) year of supervision.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:The successful candidate for this fast-paced position will have experience prioritizing work and meeting deadlines; have some familiarity with UC systems - specifically our student information system (Catalyst and Cart); and prior college/university experience a plus.
TO APPLY: Candidates must apply online at (link removed) (Requisition #22902). In addition to the online application, please include a current resume and cover letter not to exceed one page citing interest and qualifications for the position.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:CB1; SF:INS
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 50822187 cincinnati