Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:30 AM
Office of Student Affairs
College of Allied Health Sciences
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. HottestCollegeInAmerica
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Allied Health Sciences, Office of Student Affairs is recruiting for a full:time (100 FTE) Academic Adviser. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Under general supervision from a designated administrator, advise current and prospective students on how to meet educational goals.
- Advise students on academic programs that meet their educational goals;
- Evaluate and process admissions and graduation records, assess and approve advanced standings, substitute courses and the use of courses to meet graduation requirements;
- Recommend actions related to probation, suspension and dismissal of students; Assist marginal students in determining appropriate course loads;
- Attend related meetings and functions;
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree and one (1) year experience; :OR: Associates degree and three (3) years' experience; :OR: five (5) years' experience; experience must be in advising high school and/or college students or related field.
- Prefer university student services experience
- Microsoft Suite experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Etc.).
- Must be detail:oriented, able to develop and maintain highly organized work environment, and able to effectively prioritize
- Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility as well as poise, confidence and the ability to interface with clients and co:workers at all levels in the organization in a professional, approachable, and positive manner
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi:national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:VA SF:INS SF:IND; SF:INS
• Location: Cincinnati
• Post ID: 49352262 cincinnati