Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:00 AM
Assistant Research Professor
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. HottestCollegeInAmerica
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers.
The College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology is looking for a Ph.D. faculty member at the Assistant Professor level. This is a Research Track position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Obtain research specimens from licensed and collaborative practitioners for appropriate studies.
2. Prepare patient specimens for research procedures in a HIPAA compliant and acceptable fashion.
3. Interact with peers, residents, fellows, technicians and other research staff as needed.
4. Attend OSHA Training classes on an annual basis.
5. Be responsible for personal and general health and safety laboratory issues.
6. Participate and present at research seminars, at both UH and CCHMC locations.
7. Remain current in research related to the Endocrinology population.
8. Collaborate with peers in obtaining extramural clinical research funding. Serve as the Research Coordinator for those studies which are approved.
9. Adhere to the policies of the Human Research Committee.
10. Screen, identify, and enroll patients for clinical trials performed in the Endocrinology Division. Work as liaison with research staff.
11. Assist with examination and care of clinical trial patients. Collect, store, and draw specimens as determined per research protocols.
12. Assist with budgeting activities for the new clinical trials.
13. Maintain all regulatory documents as required by the FDA, sponsor and/or IRB for all studies.
14. Oversee the regulatory functions as required (i.e. IRB processing, site visits, etc.)
15. Other departmental and divisional activities, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be doctorally:trained in biochemistry, or a similar science.
for position 11526 , please Apply below now jobs.uc.edu. This position will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.
• Location: Cincinnati
• Post ID: 49300407 cincinnati