Program Director Academic : College of Engineering and Applied Science - (cincinnati, ohio)
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:57 AM
College of Engineering and Applied Science
University of Cincinnati
END DATE FOR THE FULLTIME POSITION: August 31, 2018.
Under general supervision of the project Principal Investigator, manage program elements, maintain program and event schedules, provide on:going communication regarding the NSF:funded Math and Science Partnership (MSP) program, Cincinnati Engineering Enhanced Mathematics and Science Program (CEEMS), and development and submission of project reports to funding agency.
Mange the administrative and operational activities of the MSP program:
- Coordinate meetings of program personnel and meetings involving school district collaborators and resource team members, disseminate agendas and prepare minutes.
- Maintain a master calendar for the program, including online course offerings, community of practice meetings, approval and dissemination of CEEMS curricular units in the project's dedicated website, and provide details of these to program personnel.
- Work with the project's Instructional Designer to complete the development of remaining online courses for the CEEMS Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education Program for teachers by mid:semester of 2017 Fall Semester.
- Order and schedule all courses for the online CEEMS Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education Program for teachers.
- Coordinate activities of University of Cincinnati's Evaluation Services Center and University of Miami's Discovery Center for Evaluation, Research, and Professional Learning to ensure program evaluation is proceeding and on schedule.
- Coordinate activities of Research Team to ensure research program is proceeding and on schedule.
- Develop and institutionalize processes developed in the grant for sustainability beyond the grant period, as planned.
- Prepare quarterly report on program progress and results
- Coordinate advertising and recruitment of participants to take the CEEMS Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education Program courses.
- Coordinate recruitment of participants for other tracks of the program, including STEMucation Academy.
- Assist in preparation of reports to NSF.
- Regular interaction with Budget Manager, District Coordinator, and Project Graduate Student Coordinator.
Provide on:going communication regarding the MSP program:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the MSP program.
- Prepare newsletter for web publication.
- Provide information as needed to program stakeholders including program personnel, program participants, the NSF, School Districts, teachers providing instruction in the program, program evaluators, the research team and the resource teams.
- Prepare and edit reports regarding program activities for a variety of audiences.
- Communicate schedules and expectations to program participants.
- Assist project team members in disseminating program findings through presentations and publications.
Represent the MSP program to internal and external stakeholders:
- Act as liaison to internal units, MSP collaborators and community organizations.
- Attend meetings as needed to ensure the work of the MSP is being conducted in an appropriate fashion.
- Hold regular visits with school districts to maintain positive relationships and evaluate the attainment of program goals.
Perform other duties as assigned by the PI.
Bachelor's degree with three years' experience. Experience in program management including financial oversight strongly preferred. Teaching experience in a K:12 STEM field along with program management experience will be given special consideration.
Application Process: Create an applicant profile. Apply to REQ 22043 and attach updated CV/resume and cover letter to APPLICATION.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi:national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusiv
• Location: Cincinnati
• Post ID: 48695318 cincinnati