The College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience is looking for a Research Assistant. This position will support the Universitys mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Job Summary: Assist in tasks related to laboratory research in a Neuroscience laboratory. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- General laboratory maintenance (ordering supplies)
- Animal work (management of use colony, behavioral testing, genotyping)
- Performing a variety of techniques including: RNA/DNA extraction, real time PCR, and immunohistochemistry
- Responsibility for data organization and presentation at weekly meetings
- Working closely with principal investigator and others to execute studies
Minimum Qualifications: BS in biology, psychology, or related degree
Ideal Qualifications: Experience handling rodents (mice and/or rats) especially with breeding transgenic lines, Wet lab experience (molecular biology, histology, protein analysis), experience with rodent behavioral assays such as Morris water maze, passive avoidance etc, experience with Noldus Ethovision, and colony maintenance is also important. The candidate must be able to work well within a team and have excellent communication skills.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 49366782 cincinnati