What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be managing all engineering, maintenance, and enhancements to the Outside Plant Telephony Network, including structures, cables, and associated equipment. This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with business and residential customers. You’ll work in diverse environments, both indoors and outdoors, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions to keep our customers happy.
- Designing additions, upgrades, repairs and enhancements.
- Leading large scale complex projects.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective, efficient, and timely design.
- Coordinating with internal departments and liaising with residential and business end-users, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
- Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
What we’re looking for...
You know a lot about outside plant engineering practices. You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with outside plant engineering principles and procedures.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7939200-outside-plant-engineer
• Post ID: 50048632 cincinnati