Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:34 AM
The University of Cincinnati, founded in 1819, is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. The university boasts a student body of over 43,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the regions largest employer with over 15,000 faculty, staff and student workers. The University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values and seeks to empower all members of the university community. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. The department of Grounds, Moving and Transportation Services is currently seeking an Associate Director. This position will support the Universitys mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all other activities.
The Associate Director of Grounds, Moving and Transportation Services will, under general supervision from a designated administrator, manage and direct Moving Services, Grounds Maintenance, Transportation Services, Branch Campuses, and Resident Services in the Department of Facilities Management.
* Create and manage department budgets. Recommend and approve purchases.
* Institute programs that encourage safe operating practices and compliance with local, state, federal and University regulatory.
* Develop policies and procedures; develop and implement quality service initiatives and other programs and services.
* Serve on University committees and act as liaison to University departments and external entities.
* Provide direct supervision to exempt and non:exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
* Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Bachelors degree with three (3) years experience; :OR: Associates degree with five (5) years experience; :OR: seven (7) years experience. Degree must be in Business Administration or related field. Financial and administrative experience is required and must include one (1) year supervision.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi:national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:VA SF:INS SF:INS
• Location: Cincinnati
• Post ID: 35232293 cincinnati