- This position will lead the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of embedded software on surgical devices.
- This individual must collaborate with internal and external customers, partners, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver novel surgical instruments to market.
- A minimum of a Bachelorâs Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- A minimum of 7 yearsâ experience in low level embedded software product design. 3 yearsâ experience in an FDA-regulated environment is required.
- Experience designing, developing, and launching Class C software is required.
- A firm understanding and participation in all phases of the IEC62304 Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is requiredThe following skills are key to success in this position:
- Strong software architecture design and analysis skills, including an understanding of DFX principles.
- Experience designing with ARM Architectures.
- Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design.
- Ability to develop Test Tools Software using Microsoft .NET.
- Quality Test Engineering experience.
- Experience with RTOS and Configurable Logic is preferred.
- Candidate should be proficient in interpreting schematic diagrams and component data sheets to drive design.
- Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting up and running laboratory simulations.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with electrical and mechanical engineering to understand tradeoff of software vs. hardware implementations.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Conducting and/or participating in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Strong understanding of design control; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and co-develop complex electro-mechanical devices.
This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1619170522&lang=en
• Post ID: 43370873 cincinnati